From IH-35, take exit (206) and travel west from the light. Continue on Aquarena Springs Drive through 2 stop lights over the railroad crossing and turn left onto Post Road. Then turn right at San Marcos Springs Drive (across from Bobcat Stadium). Follow the signs to The Meadows Center for Water and the Environment. (Note: TXDOT will have Aquarena Springs Drive under construction from now until late 2017. We will post detour information here for any closures that may impact these directions.)
The Meadows Center has a large parking lot on site for your convenience, however parking spaces may be limited due to the traffic from school field trips and other visitors.
Please note the parking guidelines:
- All vehicles parked at the Meadows Center must display a valid Texas State parking permit from 7:00pm Sunday until 5:00pm Friday.
- One-day temporary permits are available for $3 at the kiosk located near the ticket booth. The kiosk only accepts credit and debit cards.
- Those with Texas State University parking permits may park here without a visitor permit at all other times.
- Only persons displaying a state-issued disabled person license plate or hanging tag may use the designated disabled parking spaces.
- Disabled Veterans are exempt from paying parking permit fees, but must always register their vehicle with Texas State Parking Services by taking a copy of your VA “Service Connected Disability” letter to the parking services office for a free annual parking pass. You do not have to be associated with the University to obtain this parking pass, only a desire to be here and have your copy of a letter.
Events are conducted on these premises including events involving minor children and Pre-K through 12 public and private school events. As a result under Texas law, the concealed carrying of a handgun is prohibited at Spring Lake.