Administrative Assistant (Work-Study)
This position is open to those awarded Work-study for 2016-2017.
NOTE: If you were awarded work-study for 2016-2017 and did not seek employment fall 2016, you may still have work-study. Please call financial aid and confirm!
Schedule: Must have blocks of 4+ hours of availability on available working days.
We are seeking a student worker to assist with clerical and related tasks for our program. Needs to have good time management, organizational skills, excellent attention to detail and good general office skills (including typing/basic computer skills). Must be dependable and able to self-motivate. Must have good people skills, show confidence and enjoy working with others.
Performs varied clerical and related tasks for the staff of The Meadows Center
- Reception duties to include greeting visitors and assisting them to their destination
- Answering the phone and making calls on behalf of the department
- Word processing, data entry, creating and updating records in the department database
- Copying, scanning, filing, and sorting and creating and updating records in the department database
- Compiling information as requested by the departmental supervisor
- Checking and verifying work to maintain accuracy
- Scheduling appointments for the department
- Delivering materials to other campus offices
- All other duties as assigned
* Must be federal work study eligible.*
- *Note: We are located in Spring Lake Hall
- Hourly wage based on experience ($7.25-$7.75/hour)
- *Work-Study Award is mandatory for this position*
- Must be enrolled in at least 6 semester credit hours to qualify
Must apply online at Job4Cats through Career Services. http://www.careerservices.txstate.edu/campus-jobs.html
Environmental Education Positions
Apply in-person at the Meadows Center's ticket kiosk (201 San Marcos Springs Drive, San Marcos TX).