The Meadows Center Summer Academy
Get out into nature at Spring Lake this summer!
Are you looking for something fun and educational to do with your student this summer? Are your children interested in science and the great outdoors?
The Meadows Center's Summer Academy is designed for students K-12th to get outside and experience nature firsthand! Classes take place once a month from June to August. Pre-registration is required. Register for individual classes, or all in the series! Tickets are $8/person; children 2 and under are free.
This event is perfect for smaller groups and families who cannot meet the 15-person minimum for a field trip at Spring Lake. Our Summer Academy is designed for families to learn together, while enjoying The Meadows Center’s exhibits and programs.
Check-in begins at 9:45am at The Meadows Center ticket kiosk. The event will be held from 10am to 12pm with hands-on activities fun for all ages, including:
- A guided glass-bottom boat ride
- An interpretive tour of the Discovery Hall aquaria and exhibits
- Interactive themed activities that teach students the interconnections between all living things and water
Summer 2019 Schedule:
- May 28: Introduction to Birds (10am-12pm)
- June 18: Endangered Species (10am-12pm)
- July 9: Benefits of Living with Plants (10am-12pm)
- August 6: Living in a Watershed (10am-12pm)
Cancellations must be received at least 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund. If a cancellation is made less than 24 hours prior to the event, you will receive half the total amount charged. The amount refunded will be applied to the credit card that was used for payment.
Visitors' vehicles are required to display a permit in The Meadows Center parking lot. One-day temporary permits are available for $3 at the kiosk located near the ticket booth.