The Meadows Center brings together a diverse group of faculty and staff interested in research on teaching and learning in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics). With more than 33,000 students participating in interpretive and experiential learning programs at Spring Lake each year, the Meadows Center provides a living laboratory for researching the efficacy and impact of experiential educational programs and techniques.
Education Research Roadmap
The primary research goal of Spring Lake Education is to support the Meadows Center in achieving its strategic research goals and vision.
Additional Research Papers & Reports
· Read More about Family Interpretations of Conservation Messaging at an Aquarium exhibit
· Read More about Exploring Nature Connection Through Research: An Overview of Current Research Projects at The Meadows Center for Water and the Environment
· Read More about ACA Club Fostered Stewardship Grant Report 2018
· Read More about An Investigation of Preservice Teachers’ Engagement and Perceptions of Science Learning in Outdoor Learning Environments
· Read More about Cultivating Stewardship Through Nature Exploration
· Read More about Children's Experience of Nature Through Maps
· Read More about Flowing a New Path: The Journey in Rebranding Ourselves from Oldest Theme Park in Texas to Successful Nature Center
· Read More about Future water stewardship and fact-based water policy: an aquatic science education pathway.
· Read More about Operation SCUBA: Developing an Outdoor Adventure Adaptive Scuba Diving Program for Wounded Warriors in a University Setting